Monday, January 18, 2010

How can i keep squirrels out of my house?

I have a rental property and a big problem im having is that squirrels climb up my neighbors tree and climb into the attic of the house and stay there when its cold. They do a lot of damage to my house and its getting frustrating to try and get them out. The neighbor refuses to cut his tree down and nothing i have tried works. Any chemicals that might repell the squirrels? (non harming chemicals of course) Thanks!How can i keep squirrels out of my house?
get some lime (not the fruit) the powder. pour it where they mostly hang out. when they step on the lime it will cause a slight burn to there hands and feetHow can i keep squirrels out of my house?
hang a couplbe bags of moth balls up there, and of course try to seal any entrances they have.
Had a rental with the same problem but not neighbor with too many trees. Here in Oklahoma if you try to work it out and the neighbor wont work with you to keep debrees off your property a law suit might fit him. Small claimes beats getting runover and I for one dont like court unless you ahve no other way top resolve a problem. I'm a big boy and can reach an equitable solution for me and my adversary if he's willing to meet me 1/2 way or if I happen to be slightly in the wrong.





Has for the squirrls, I happend to try a lot of different stuff. I tried to scare them out, Ammonia, Moth Balls, Rat bate, I thought about a BB gun but what if I injuerd them with the bait or the bb gun, and they died there. WHAT A SMELL!!





SO I was in the check out line at the lumber yard and saw this self defence pepper spray. I thought it might work, but didnt get my hopes up. I tell you I just held the nozzel down for no more than 3 seconds and scatt, the squirrls left out the hole which I plugged and patched and havent had a problem since. This is the pepper spray for self defence in a slightly larger (maybe 3 oz bottle). I had used pepper spray for keeping buggs and pests off my porch and with verry good results. Be warned though, this stuff is so potent the air around you will start to burn your eyes and nose. even if pointed away from you. Not for use in a windy area. So be careful if ya use this. Not for those with allergys but a friend without allergys can use it fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment