Monday, January 18, 2010

Squirrel in the house. Will it come back?

I had a squirrel get in the house (I found it when I got home). It got cornered in a closet, then tried to hide in a pair of coveralls. I was able to corner it in the coveralls (they were thick, so I couldn't get bit), threw the coveralls (with squirrel inside) in a large Rubbermaid tub, then took him out to some trees about 7-8 miles away. Do squirrels come back that far? I really hated to kill it.





I'll need to cap the old chimney, but it'll be a while before I can do it.Squirrel in the house. Will it come back?
THAT squirrel may not come back...worry about the ones he hangs out with. When squirrels finds a nice place to hang out they will come back over and over. Pest control people sometimes have to use serious wire mesh to cover up areas they come through in homes (especially attic areas) because they will chew thru wood.





If I where you I would get the chimney fire capped as soon as possible. 1. Its the law where I live due to sparks, it may be the law where you live too. Also if your insurance agent sees that it is uncapped your insurance could climb. 2. To keep out visitors like bats, birds and squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment