Saturday, January 16, 2010

Omg Freaked out! A squirrel... in my house!?

I'm convinced there is a squirrel in my house because I have been hearing squeeky and screeching type noises for a little while up near the ceiling. I don't know how to explain it but it sounded like the squirrel was mad o.O .... anyway my mom had told me that she heard it too and thought maybe it got caught in the flu. I just kind of brushed the problem away but today just a little while ago while I was trying to do my homework, I got up cuz i heard a noise. I then saw something that seemed to be a dark color (possibly from the fireplace flu thing... lol) but i couldnt tell cuz Im kind of in the dark with alittle bit of light. Anyway It poked it head out of this pipe thing in the wall that I never really noticed until today. What should I do?





... Oh and I did wake my parents up to tell them but they just kind of said walk around and just forget about it... btu how can you forget about something when you dont know EXACTLY what it is but you know its in your house somewhere?... Help =\Omg Freaked out! A squirrel... in my house!?
You are probably not imagining any of this. Animals are attracted into houses by curiosity, heat, and smells of food. If the opening they are using is indeed the chimeney/ flue, you should go to your local home center and get a ';spark arrester'; that will fit over your chimeney. It is like a box made of expanded metal mesh that fits on top of the chimeney. It's purpose is to block glowing cindars from flying out the chimeney, and catching the roof on fire. An added benefit is that it keeps birds, squirrels, bats, etc from entering.


Oh, you have not seen excitement untill you have a bat loose in the house(LOL). If the squirrel is still in the flue damper, you may need to reach up the fireplace with your hand, to tilt the damper, and release the squirrel into the house. If so, you should have on leather gloves, and a face mask. Also leave the front door open, so the little critter gan get out. If this sounds like too much for you, look in the city goverment section of the phone book under ';vector abatement';. They deal with animal removal issues. If they can't help you, they should be able to tell you where to go for help. Have funOmg Freaked out! A squirrel... in my house!?
i say if you see it again shoot it with a bb gun.
A squirrel is gray or kind of red with a long tail. May I suggest you go to the hardware store and buy a Have A Heart trap or maybe a neighbor has one you can borrow. They can do a lot of damage to a house so I suggest you talk your parents into getting rid of it. Trust me, I have caught 96 in four years and moved them all to a wooded area. It has to be over six miles away or they will come back. Happy Hunting!
That poor thing is probably trapped in the pipe and is looking for a way to get out of it and out of your house. It won't hurt you. You could put a trail of peanuts leading from where you last saw it to your door or an open window so it can escape without doing anyone or anything harm. Remember, he's more afraid of you than you are of him. Be kind to animals.





After it is out of the house, make sure your dad puts a screen around the open flu pipes and chimneys on the roof. I used to have birds getting trapped in our furnace flu during the winter. They'd sit on the edge trying to warm up and pass out from the gases and fall right into the furnace. As soon as I heard wings flapping in the pipe I'd rush over and turn off the furnace and open the door on it so the bird could get out without being cooked alive.





They don't understand what our plumbing is all about. They are just looking for a safe place to live, make a nest, or hide from something dangerous outside.
Make sure you install or get a chimney cover installed to prevent future animals from coming in. Birds, squirrels, opossums, raccoons, etc. can come down the chimney.
Are you sure its squirrels and not bats? It sounds a lot like bats.
O M G ....that's no squirrel ....thats elchupacabra!!! RUN GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN RUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
This is going to sound completely cruel, but it works and if it's a real hazard... sorry I'm totally against animal cruelty, but if it has rabies, that would be horrible! But... spray it with a can of raid, my grandma had to do it and it worked, just make sure you get it and not anything else, it's harm full! yiKeS!

No comments:

Post a Comment