Monday, January 18, 2010

There are squirrels freezing outsize my house, how can I help them?

Squirrels are hard to get to and they won't let themselves be helped, but I have to do something for them, they are really shaking in ice out there.There are squirrels freezing outsize my house, how can I help them?
Give them bird seed...they love it!There are squirrels freezing outsize my house, how can I help them?
If you're really dedicated to this, you could try setting up a dog house with hay inside, then throw a few ears of dried corn in to attract them. Perhaps they will discover it's warmer in there and 'tell their friends' lol.
leave them a hot cup of coffee.
Put nuts in their mouth.
Why on earth would you want to ';help'; them? Squirrels are nothing more than rats with good PR.
make a heap of old wood outside, it will provide shelter and when the wood rots it provides warmth- honestly, anyone who has ever stuck their hand in a compost heap with testify- hedgehogs like it too.
You can go to tractor supply co, and buy a heated water bowl and an extension cord and hook them up so they have warm water to drink. I have a heated water bowl for the birds and squirrels, and my chickens, and a heated water bucket for the dogs.
bring them into the house, they love to climb curtains!





Sorry,





All you can do is provide high energy food like peanuts, pine cones covered with chunky peanut butter (tie down a couple of them so they can't be carried off) and provide water.


Go to your local hardware store or birdseed center and get one of those birdbath gizmos that keeps the water warm or agitates it to keep it from freezing.





.
They know enough to get in out of the cold when it gets to be too much for them. If, by chance, they are looking for food because their supply has been disrupted, you can go to the store and buy a bag or two of English Walnuts and put them out for them to have something to eat. Otherwise, just leave them alone. To do otherwise would be interferring with nature.
I am sure it looks as if they are freezing, but they have instincts, and the only reason they are out is for food so the best you can do is to get some walnuts, or peanuts (all unsalted) or whatever kind of nut you can find (except the human kind lol!) and put them out where they can find them, I take care of anywhere from 4-6 squirrels and all's I do is be sure they have food , you can also get some corn for them they will eat that also, and I keep water available to them, in freezing weather that can be hard but I use and old cool-whip bowl and when it is frozen I carry a pitcher of hot water out and pour it over the bottom of bowl til ice falls out then I refill it with the rest of the hot water. They have trees where they make nests, not all the nest's in the trees are for birds, so after they eat they will go back to their nests and be warm.
Please tell me you are joking!!!





Wait....my fish had babies and then died鈥he orphan fish don鈥檛 know how to swim鈥ow do I teach them? I am currently making fish faces next to the tank so they think I鈥檓 the mother fish and don鈥檛 feel lonely. LOL
put some shredded wool outside and they will take it back to their habitat
shoot them, put them out of there misery. honestly have lasted with out your help for hundreds of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment