Monday, January 18, 2010

Help! I have an injured squirrel in my house!?

This morning my cat was outside playing and he caught a squirrel. I got the squirrel from him, but it looks severely injured. There is no bleeding but I think it may have broke it's arm. It also seem traumatized. He is sleeping in a cage now, but I don't want to just let it die. What do I do? My mom doesn't want me to take it to a vet because she said we will get stuck with the bill.Help! I have an injured squirrel in my house!?
please find a wildlife rehabber in your area to care for the injured squirrel. websites below. vets do not charge for wildlife and some know who the licensed rehabbers are in your immediate area. if you do nothing, the squirrel will die. please give your vet a call if you cannot find a rehabber.Help! I have an injured squirrel in my house!?
IF it has a broken paw then it NEEDS a vet. or SPCA


call them and see if there is a wildlife rescue or vet around.





The only other thing is to wait until it is active again and then realease it outside and let nature take it's course!


good luck
Release it outdoors ASAP in a place where dogs and cats can't get to it. It is a wild animal so be careful. You'll have to let mother nature take her course.
i agree with the person above/below me,





=)

No comments:

Post a Comment